The old adage is still true today, that “Home is where the Heart is”, and here at Abelia Care, we understand that elderly vulnerable people, and those who need care and support, enjoy an improved quality of life, when they continue living at home in familiar surroundings. As a CQC registered and Home Care Provider, we believe in treating our Clients as “Individuals” in all aspects of their care. We respect their wishes and decisions and work together to provide “Best Practice Outcomes” to protect the daily well-being of the people we look after. Here at Abelia Care we:-
- Treat our Clients with dignity and respect and take time to build a Bond of Trust
- We provide Client focused and “Person-Centred Care Support”
- All the care we provide is fully documented and recorded and Clients have full access to their own records, as do the Care Quality Commission who rated Abelia Care “GOOD” in every inspection category.
- We value the role of “the Family” and include them in discussions about care for their loved one.
- We offer “Discharge Home from Hospital” support to help you get back on your feet after a spell in hospital. With gentle support and encouragement we can help you get your confidence back.
- Dementia care support from our trained Care Staff will offer reassurance both to the Client and members of their family.
- Personal hygiene support with bathing and showering – providing reassurance against falling or slipping over in the bath or shower. Assisting you with getting dressed each morning, or preparing you for bed each evening.
- Palliative Care support for those near their end of their life and comforting reassurance for family members .
- Catheter and Continence support to help you protect your health and maintain your dignity.
- Our Care services are provided by trained staff with a passion for excellence and “Best Practice” outcomes, for all our Clients.
- Some people need to take a large regime of prescribed medication for their daily well-being, and getting it right every time can be difficult for someone with memory problems. We offer Medication monitoring support ensuring that the right medications are taken at the tight times, in the correct way prescribed by the Doctor, detailed and recorded on the Clients medication record.
- Engage and communicating with our Clients, even if they live on their own, letting them know that they are still a valuable member of the community.
- We can support you with your Shopping – there is no need to carry heavy shopping bags.
- Keeping your home “spic and span” just the way you like it – we can help you with laundry, ironing, hoovering and polishing – changing and remaking your bed.
- Reassurance for families, knowing that their elderly parent or relative are being cared for by professionally trained Care Staff.
- The bond between human and pets is almost unbreakable, and for some vulnerable adults it can become an increasing worry when they can’t walk their pet. We can feed your pets and walk and play with the dog when needed.
We believe in “Caring from the Heart”, and only “Special People” become Community Carers. We support our “Special People” to follow their career path and help them to attain their Care Certificate in Health and Social Care. The key to successful Care Partnerships between Abelia Care and our Clients are our professionally trained and caring Staff, so why not let our “Special People” look after your “Special People?”